Monday, December 2, 2013

Over the River and Through the Snow...




 















 



 

I'll apologize up front for all of the pictures, I just couldn't decide which ones to leave out. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Greensboro again this year. We had to drive through some beautiful but yucky weather to get there. Thank goodness the weather cleared up just the other side of Ashville NC and the rest of the trip was picture perfect. We got to visit with family, eat delicious food and watch a ton of football and basketball. Grace and I managed to squeeze in a little shopping. Isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about? Our feast came from the Fresh Market again. This year we even let them bake the pies. I brought all of my pumpkins from home to decorate the dining room table and my Dad, who can not only pour wine and carve a turkey arranged the flowers. Apparently he was a florist in his younger days. Who knew? I thought he was just the delivery boy. The plate with the single green bean is Alan's. He is "trying" to eat more healthy... I think the dog actually ate that green bean. Now that November and Thanksgiving have past it's time to get the Christmas celebrating into full swing. I took down all of the fall decorations and cleaned the house in preparation. It usually takes me the better part of a week to unpack and set up all of my Christmas pretties. We are hoping to get our tree on Friday, but another blast of winter is on it's way so we shall see what happens. Hopefully I'll have more pictures to share with you soon.
Sally

No comments: