Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Little Fall Fate

Don't you just love it when things end up working out for the best? I am seeing two sweet friends today and wanted to take them a little something special. Last week at Kroger I found these nifty autumn looking paper baking pans. I decided to try them out yesterday to make sure that they were as awesome as they seemed. I'm so glad that I did, because I was so not impressed. I made two loaves of pumpkin chocolate chip bread and as you can see from the first picture there was no way that they were going to "pop" out of the pans. Definitely not a giftable outcome. Thank goodness for plan B. I  made some of my Great Aunt Mary's Granola over the weekend. Personally I think it's the best batch I've ever made, but Alan wouldn't eat it because of all the nuts and David wouldn't eat it because I added dried cranberries. I love granola, but there was no way I would be able to eat it all myself. So, I dug around in my supply cabinet and happened to find two leaf covered cellophane  bags and two already stamped tags leftover from a previous project. All I had to do was scoop in the granola and tie a bow. Perfect! Even more perfect, I get to eat the bread :)
Sally

No comments: