Friday, February 20, 2015

Hello Chicken

What do you do when the weather is especially cruddy?  I apparently dig out the brightest, springiest, fabric I can find and sew a chicken. My friend Bette posted pictures of the ones she's made on Instagram and like the copy-cat that I am I had to have one of my own. Such a quick and easy little project. Bette directed me to a tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt website. The lady shows you exactly how to make one and it only takes her about 20 minutes from start to finish. My first one may have taken a few minutes longer, but that was because I had to wind my bobbin. I filled my chicken with crushed walnut shells because I had some and now it's sitting by my sewing machine making me smile. Good thing, because we are under another winter storm warning, expecting 3 more inches of snow which will then turn to rain ending in a big mess of ice. So glad that I can stay home all day tomorrow (sewing more chickens) in a nice warm, cozy house, unless the power goes out. I'm not even going to think about that. Have a great weekend.
Sally

No comments: