Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snug Hollow Bread


It's another YUCKY day in Kentucky and  I'm not leaving the house. It's a raining, sleeting, snowing, freezing mess out side. I'm so glad that I bought the Snug Hollow cookbook during our visit last weekend. Today was a perfect day for a mug of Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper Tomato soup and a couple of slices of Rosemary Bread. Here is a link to the recipe. Barbara told me the it could be made and baked in 30 minutes and I think that was pretty accurate. I made one big loaf and probably should have cooked it a few minutes longer. Next time I'll try making 2 smaller loaves and freeze one. As you can see from the second picture I bought some Nutritional Yeast and Tamari Sauce at the store yesterday. I found them both at Kroger which was a mad house of people stocking up for the big storm. I'm all ready to give some of her other recipes a try, but first I'm going to go to a Pampered Chef Freezer Meal party. Have you ever been to one. From what I understand we spend a few hours in the consultants kitchen and leave with 10 Zip-Lock bags full of crock pot ready meals. She sent out a shopping list of supplies we need to bring and we have all placed orders with her for spices and seasoning etc... Sounded interesting. Now I have to go make room in my tiny little freezer. Stay warm friends.
Sally

No comments: