Friday, February 13, 2015

My Sock Drawer


Over the past week I washed most of my hand knit socks. Some of them can go in the washer and some I have to do by hand. I thought I'd show you my lovely collection while they are all clean and folded nicely. I counted, and as of today I have 32 pairs. Now, you are probably saying "that's more than you need for an entire month". True, but 4 pairs of socks I consider "Christmas" socks and would probably only wear them during December. I hate to say this, but there are also a few pairs that I only wear as bed socks. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that they turned out a bit too loose and don't fit well in my shoes or boots. The other sad situation is that my most favorite pair (4th in from the top row in the picture above) are wearing thin in the heals. I knit this pair probably 8 or 9 years ago and I'm going to miss them when they finally need to leave the drawer for good. I could try darning them I guess, but since I'm always knitting new ones I don't really see the need. I'm going to try knitting more socks for other people this year. It's so hard to give them away, but I honestly can't fit anymore in the drawer. I wonder if Alan would rent out space in his drawer? Probably not.
Sally

No comments: