Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Road Trip

What do you do when you desperately need your hair cut? You take a road trip to Iowa. Well, that's what I did. I spent the most wonderful weekend back home. I'm not sure I should really call Iowa City home, but that's sure what it felt like. I got to spend time with all of my favorite people and my hair looks fabulous. Here's a little recap for those of you that were not there.

Friday: Beautiful 8 hour drive through the almost fall colors of Indiana, Illinois and Iowa (all "I" states - interesting) Hair cut and color with the most talented Jacqueline. Sushi with the girls. Cindy, Barb, Jacqueline and I ate our fill. Chit-chat and off to bed.

Saturday: Early bird start to the day at the Iowa City Farmers Market. We visited with Marilyn the jewelry queen (thank goodness because I arrived wearing two different earrings - that's the style in Kentucky you know) We also bought the absolute cutest tiny eggplants. Then off to the famous Hamburg Inn for breakfast. Then I quilted at the best quilt shoppe in the whole wide world. Thanks Peg! and then ate homemade African food for dinner. Thanks Jacqueline!
Sunday: Brunch with Barb, Jorge and the boys. Delicious. It was great to spend some time with them. Even their little dog who honestly hated me the whole time we were neighbors seemed glad to see me. A visit to Wilson's Apple Orchard with Jacqueline and Joni and then another delicious meal at Joni and Kent's house. Thanks guys!







Monday: coffee with the Wendelletes. My favorite co-workers from the Wendell Johnson Speech and Hearing Center. They are the best and I miss them tons. Hope to see you next time Diane! Another beautiful 8 hour drive back to Kentucky. Lots of hugs and kisses from Alan and Maggie!
Sally

No comments: