Friday, October 8, 2010

Girlfriends

OK, sorry guys, this post is probably not for you. I'm not really running out of things to say, but this is just something I need to share with all of my "girlfriends" out there.

Those of you that know me, know that I have a "nail" thing. Fingernails, toenails just not hammer and nails. The way I look at it, I can diet and exercise myself silly which let's face it is hard work. Or, I can just keep my nails looking nice and call it a day.

From December through June I sported acrylic nails. This was a first for me because I have been blessed with healthy, easy to grow, hard fingernails. I decided to try the "fake" nails to help make my life easy and most importantly because Alan and I were going on a cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary and who wants to deal with polish and chips and all that? To make a long story a little shorter, I loved the nails but decided to have them removed in June before moving to Kentucky. I spent the summer trying to get "my" nails back to a healthy state of being.

Finally things were back to normal when my friend Jacqueline suggested that I look into something new called Shellac . It's a new polishing system that lasts 2 weeks. I'm not kidding. It really does. The best part is that it's applied to your own nails and there is very little filing or buffing involved. Are you still with me? The problem is that not all salons do it. So, me being the techie that I am I Googled local salons that carry the product and found Girlfriends Nail Shoppe.


Honestly, I picked it because I loved the name and I can really use some girlfriends right now. the shoppe is 5 minutes from my house and Kathy is about as sweet as they come. I've only been to see her twice, but I feel like I've know her a lot longer.
Just keeping it real here, this is not cheap and it does require maintenance, but to me it's totally worth it. I go 2 full weeks with great looking nails, and they are MINE!

Sorry for the info-mercial blog today, but I would feel so guilty keeping this secret to myself.

Have a great weekend!

Sally

No comments: