Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Severe Weather Alert

Today was a stay in your jammies all day kind of day. The weather guys have been talking about the chance for severe weather for a few days. Our weather has been so boringly beautiful lately that I'm sure they couldn't help getting all excited. They interrupted the Today Show at about 9:30 and stayed on the air until 1:00. I have to say that when the tornado sirens went off I got a little scared. The dog and I were on our way to the basement, but we don't have a TV down there. I decided that so long as the electricity was still on I would take the risk and sit tight in front of the tube. Thank goodness the storm blew through in a hurry. 80 miles an hour is what was reported. The only damage I can find is a downed branch from our neighbors' tree that happened to land sort of in our yard. I was hoping that when we left Iowa we left the tornadic activity behind. Guess not. At least we got some much needed rain. I called Grace to let her know that the storm was coming her way. She said she had a safe place to go to just in case. Tomorrow it's going to be beautiful and sunny again. Can't wait!
Sally

No comments: