Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday Alan and I celebrated the 30th anniversary of our first date. Can you believe that? Truly it seems like yesterday, or the day before yesterday, but definitely not 30 years ago. Alan has a knack for remembering special dates. Actually he has a knack for remembering pretty much everything. That's one of the things I love about him. I can always count on him because I am becoming ever so forgetful. What I do remember is that 30 years ago yesterday we sat in the backseat of our friend Ricky's car on our way to the St Tammany Parish Rodeo and I fell in love. Really, it's true! Some things a girl just knows. These are the beautiful "Halloween" flowers that Alan gave me last night. I wish I could tell you that I cooked some amazing dinner for him, but I decided to keep it simple with meatloaf, potatoes and homemade apple sauce. Hope you are celebrating something special this week.


Sally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's special little things like this that put a smile on my face! Thanks for sharing! Barb