Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crazy Weather


As soon as it was clear that Tropical Storm Isaac was going to become a hurricane and wreck havoc on the Gulf Coast I started getting that yucking feeling in my stomach. I think that if you have ever lived in a hurricane prone location and had to experience boarding up your house, sand bagging and then evacuating that feeling never goes away.

Even though it's been years now since we lived in South Carolina, every August when everyone else is stocking up on school supplies, I think it's time to stock up on bottled water and canned foods. Crazy, I know.

We have so many friends and relatives that are having to deal with the effects of Hurricane Isaac right this very minute. My thoughts and prayers are with them all. What makes the whole thing even crazier is that it's going to be an absolutely beautiful day here in Louisville. The sun is shining and there is not a drop of rain in sight. They say we may get some of the leftovers of Isaac over the weekend, but the way our luck with rain has been going, I kind of have to see it to believe it.

Mother Nature is just so unpredictable.
Sally

No comments: