Saturday, August 25, 2012

Just Another Week

If it's not the kids, it's the dog. If it's not the dog, it's the cat. George gave us quite the scare this past week. He started acting "funny" the day after Grace left for school. At first we thought he was just missing her, but then it became pretty clear that something else was going on. He spent a night at the vet and really all they could come up with was that he had a very high fever possibly the result of an infected toe or an enlarged heart. An enlarged heart sounds pretty serious doesn't it? To make this very long story a little shorter. They can't do anything about the toe until they figure out what's going on with the heart. His temperature is back to normal and next week when the cat radiologist is back from vacation George will have an Echo-cardiogram. Don't even ask how much all of this is going to cost. He's part of the family..... In the mean time I've been doing a little quilting. It feels great to get back to sewing. The time just flies. I finished all 34 hexagon flowers, now I just need to sew them all together.
 I have also been finishing up a quilt that I started in January. I got the kit when I went to Iowa for the Common Threads Sew In.The whole thing has gone together so well. I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend. I'm going to straight line quilt it on my machine. We shall see how that goes. A very sick George peeking out from behind the quilt. Poor little guy.
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
Sally

No comments: