Sunday, August 19, 2012

Grace's First Apartment


Grace spent most of last week packing her stuff. She's heading back to the University of Kentucky in Lexington. It's hard to believe that she will be a junior. Freshman year was "freshman year", last year she spent in Spain and this year she has a car and her very own apartment. Things just keep on looking up.
She's going to be living in the Newtown Crossing apartment complex, very near to campus. I'm guessing that ALL of the residents are college students. The place has a "fancy" dorm feel to it. Her apartment is adorable and will hopefully be her "home away from home" for a while.
Alan and I helped her move in yesterday and I have to tell you, she is pretty excited and looking forward to a new adventure


  







So I guess for us the summer is officially over. Both kids are back in school, the house is feeling a little empty and quiet. I'm enjoying the feeling for the moment. I'm not saying that I don't miss them, I'm just saying empty and quiet is kind of nice.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Sally                                                                                                           

No comments: