Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gingerbread Men

My card club group got together last Friday for a little Christmas celebration and cookie exchange. I decided to make gingerbread men, because they are my favorite and they are just so darn cute. The cookies turned out quite well, but my camera was acting up. (apparently my memory card was full...) So, I'm going to share some old pictures with you from December 2007.
 Making gingerbread men brings back some very happy/sad memories for me. In 2007 my mom was right in the middle of her battle with Alzheimer's.
  My parent's made their annual trip to Iowa for Thanksgiving and I got my mom and Grace busy making cookies for the upcoming Cookie Swap.
  I remember a lot of laughing and maybe a little frustration on everyone's part. My mom really liked to "help" and always appreciated being needed.
 I'm glad to have so many happy memories and pictures to document all of our special times together.
 We have been missing mom for a long time, but this Christmas we know she's in a better place and she's keeping watch over all of us and smiling.
Sally

No comments: