Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Closet At A Time


I was inspired after reading this Blog post to do something about the state of my teeny tiny entry way closet. Just so you understand, this little bitty closet is the ONLY closet/storage space that we have on the main floor of our house. I'm not kidding. When we first moved in I tried to cram everything into it. I finally realized that cleaning supplies and the vacuum cleaner would have to find a new home upstairs. Please don't judge us by the before picture I'm about to show you. This mess just happened over 2 1/2 years.
 I know what you are probably thinking. I just tried not to open the door very often. The first thing that I did was to take every single thing out of the closet. I sorted things into several piles including: Goodwill, trash, keep, find a new home for. I did buy some nice wooden hangers and a hanging shoe thing from Target.
I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with my efforts. The goal was to get everything off the floor and as you can see I accomplished that. The baskets hold hats, mittens and scarves
 I really like the shoe bag thing. It's very narrow but holds all of the winter shoes that I don't really want in my bedroom closet.

I even have a couple of extra hangers for company. Next up I'm planning to tackle the Tupperware cabinet. I'll spare you pictures of that job. I'm not sure why I'm on this reorganizing spree, maybe I'm just getting a jump on spring cleaning. Another possibility is that I'm trying to avoid other things.
Sally

No comments: