Friday, February 1, 2013

Sewing, Spinning and Knitting



I love a good snow day. OK, so a snow day in Louisville is not exactly the same as a snow day in Iowa, it's a snow day just the same. I choose to do some of my favorite things while "stuck" in the house. I suppose I could add in a little cleaning or cooking, but we will just have to see how it goes. 

 Last week I finally finished spinning this fiber that I got in Greensboro at Thanksgiving. I spun it as a gradient, which just means that I spun one color at a time and kept them separate by Navajo plying it. I feel like I'm making progress keeping my yarn more consistent.
I love how it looks all caked up. As soon as I finish my current knitting project this will be going on the needles. I'm planning to knit the Hitchhiker shawl. One of my "intentions" for the new year is to actually knit up all of the yarn that I have spun to date. 
While I was in Iowa a couple of weeks ago (where there was not a flake of snow to be found) my quilting buddies talked me into buying this adorable little pattern. I'm so glad that I did, because it was so much fun to sew up. Thanks Kandy and Barb for being so helpful.
 I still need to quilt and bind it, but that would require a trip to the quilt shop and I'm not planning to leave my house all weekend. I guess I'll get to it eventually.
I have several new projects to start. Up next on my wheel will be one of these lovely fibers.
I will show you the one I decided to spin first next week. I'm also ready to cut out another quilt as soon as I finish a fast pin cushion/scrap catcher thing that I really need.
Knitting wise I hope to finish my Larch shawl and those crazy striped Christmas socks I've been working on. With all that crafting going on I probably won't have any time left for cooking and cleaning. Good thing Papa John's delivers.....
Hope you have a wonderfully crafty Super Bowl weekend. Stay warm!
Sally

No comments: