Saturday, February 23, 2013

What I Eat When Alan Can't Make It Home For Dinner

 I promise that this meal looked a whole lot more colorful and appetizing in real life.
 Alan was in Ohio yesterday doing  a hospital lab inspection, so I was on my own for dinner. I think soup and salad are probably my favorite things to fix when it's just me.
Here are two of my all time favorites. Spinach Soup and mixed salad greens with goat cheese, apples and Rosemary Cranberry Pecans from Trader Joe's which by the way they have discontinued..... I've been hording my last package but decided it was time to use it last night.  I drizzle on a little Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette also from Trader Joe's and thankfully still available and lots of freshly cracked black pepper. Probably some bacon crumbles would have been nice, but I was trying to make it a meatless meal. 

P.S. I thought I had already put the recipe for the soup in the I love the taste of.... section, but I can't find it now, so I'll try and remember to add it soon. It's very yummy if you enjoy spinach.
Sally

No comments: