Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Trying To Keep It Real


I forgot to tell you Happy March in my last post. It just snuck up on me like that crazy lion of a winter storm we are still dealing with. Today is the 11th school snow day so far this year for Louisville public school kids. Poor kids and teachers will be in class until the middle of June now. Very bizarre Anyway, the good news is that it's March. Spring is almost here for real. Right around the corner. Soon we will be wearing way less clothing when we venture out.

That kind of in a round about way brings me to the title of this post. Most of you know that January was a complicated month for our household. January is usually when I set a bunch of weight loss and exercise goals and buckle down, trying to embrace the whole healthy living thing. .Well none of that really happened this January, instead we waited for February, and instead of the getting serious part we decided to ease into embracing a healthy lifestyle.  Doesn't that sound lovely? Just easing into it.

 Most of you know that I've been a Weight Watcher's member on and off for about 100 years now. Well, it seems like it anyway. Right now I'm an online member, or a not taking it very seriously member some might say. I considered going back to the weekly meetings, but after a whole lot of thought I realized that I totally hate keeping track of points. I hate it. I decided to switch over to what WW calls the Simply Filling plan. Basically you only eat from a list of "Power Foods" and never have to keep track of anything. The more I investigated the "Power Foods" the more I realized that they were just "Real Food" So do you see where I'm going with this? I researched "real food" on the internet and found hundreds of sites dedicated to eating healthy foods. I signed up for meal plan suggestions at two of these sites. One is called 
100DaysofRealFood.com and the other is thefresh20.com. Like I said, we are easing into this and I won't lie and tell you that it's been easy. I try and shoot for eating "real" breakfasts, lunches and snacks and plan on 4 dinners a week. Hopefully we will make it to 7, but for right now it's a start. Oh, I also signed us up to receive a bin of organic fruits and vegetables delivered right to our front door, every other week. The program here in Louisville is called Green Bean Delivery. Our first bin arrived last Friday and just let me say that we were not disappointed.  We got a great variety and everything was was super fresh. So, there you have it. I'm sure I'll share more about this adventure as we progress. Who knows, we could be on to something that works for us, or not. I'll keep you posted.

Sally

No comments: