Monday, March 31, 2014

Handspun April


All of my hand-spun  yarn

Most recently spun yarns
left overs from other projects
Little bits and bobs

The winners!
 Grace and I have declared April hand-spun knitting only month. Our collections of hand-spun yarn have grown (hers is bigger than mine) since we took that first spinning class back in January 2012. We both have enjoyed knitting several projects with our yarn, the problem is that we spin faster than we knit. The Kentucky Fiber Festival is going to be May 18th and 19th this year, so you can see that we need to get busy and make room for more fiber.

My biggest problem with this idea was that I couldn't choose which yarns to knit. I love them all. It's a collection of sorts. I should probably start with my oldest spun yarn and work forward, but what would be the fun it that? After much debate I chose the 3 above. The little bundle on top is my sister-in-laws cotton. I will knit her a dish cloth out of that. The other two skeins will be scarf/shawls. I'm also still working on a pair of socks out of hand-spun that I started before Christmas.

Hopefully I can make a little dent in my stash or at least make a little more room in the basket for more yarn.
What will you be working on in April?
Sally

No comments: