Tuesday, December 21, 2010

the MEGA Cavern






The other night we decided to venture out and visit the MEGA Cavern's display of Lights under Louisville. I have to say that this is probably one of the most unusual Christmas light shows I have ever seen. Apparently there is a cave that runs 17 miles long under the city. I'm not at all sure why there is a cave under Louisville. I do know that it is man made and there was probably some good reason to build it way back in the 60's. There are actually businesses down there. You know the PODS storage company? Well, that's where they keep the PODS. There is also boat storage and if you want to spend $10,000 you can reserve yourself a spot just in case of a nuclear attack. Every December the cave gets turned into a pretty involved light show. You drive through it in your car listening to holiday music and marvel at the fact that you are driving under the city. It's an odd feeling for sure.
Sally

1 comment:

Angela said...

HI! It's Angela. I've had a hard time trying to get in touch with you. Sometimes I'm just so out-of-the-loop! Still in the 1990's I guess! If you get a chance, could you give me a call?? Would love to talk in the old fashioned way! Merry Christmas!