Friday, February 11, 2011

90 Days

I haven't talked much about my job. To be perfectly honest when I first started at Baptist Eastpoint I was totally overwhelmed. TOTALLY. Never having worked in a medical setting, the whole experience was foreign and made me feel very incompetent. I've been a speech pathologist for 25 years and I don't think that I've ever really lacked confidence the way I did upon starting this job.

Thank goodness the people that I work with were supportive and encouraging. It's a pretty close knit group of SLP's, OT's and PT's. Thank goodness Alan was also there to greet me with a hug and dinner when I finally would get home, usually frustrated with myself for being so slow to catch on to the computer system or the reporting procedures.







I was beginning to think that you really can't teach an old dog new tricks.






But... and it probably should be BUT, eventually all of the pieces fell into place and everything just clicked. I GOT IT! and now I can't even believe that it was all such a big deal at the time. This week marked my 90th day with the Baptist Health Care System. I had to have an official review with my supervisor and the good news is I passed and they are going to keep me, at least a little while longer.
Sally

1 comment:

Angela said...

Of course they're keeping you! They know a good thing when they see it! So glad you are feeling more settled and comfy. It's good to belong. Great office! I'd want to "do speech" there. Kentucky got lucky when Kentucky got you, Sal. Love ya!