Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tea of the Week



There used to be a time when I would go to bed, fall asleep, sleep all night and wake up when the alarm rang. I'm not exactly sure when this simple routine began to change. Some tell me that it's stress, some say hormones, some say it's all just part of the aging process. Whatever it is it's making me crazy.

Now my routine looks something like this. I go to bed. I lay there for sometimes hours trying to shut off my brain. Trying to sleep. Finally I fall asleep, only to wake up a few hours later needing to go to the bathroom. It takes another long while to get back to sleep. The alarm clock (usually Alan) wakes me up. I go back to sleep for a bit and then the other alarm clock (Maggie) wakes me up again.

I'm sure that if I got more exercises, more yoga, read more boring books things could get better, but why go to all that effort when one can just drink a soothing cup of SleepyTime Tea? Does it work you ask? Well, that depends. I have to drink it early enough that it doesn't contribute to the needing to go to the bathroom problem, but not so early that the soothing affect wears off before I get through the whole getting ready for bed rituals. It's a dilemma.

I will tell you that it smells wonderful and at this point I'm willing to try just about anything.

Sally

No comments: