Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More of My Favorite Things

On to the "sewing room". OK, so it's really the guest room, but for right now it's where I sew, so I'm calling it the sewing room. The room is not really one of my favorite things, but my sewing machine sure is. I have had 4 sewing machines in my lifetime to date, and this one is just the best ever. It's made by Brother and it's designed for people who love to quilt. It does all the regular sewing stuff too, but it makes quilting so much easier. My favorite feature is that it practically runs itself. I don't have to use a foot pedal. See the little red light on the front? That's a button that you use to make it start and stop. Super cool!Second favorite sewing item. See that fancy looking tool sitting on my sewing machine? Here, let me give you a better look. This is a fancy, shmancy seam ripper. It was given to me by my favorite quilting buddy Barb, and I'm starting to think that I can't live without it. Seriously. I sewed and ripped so much this past weekend, that I know for a fact that without this tool, the quilt I was working on would not have gotten finished. Thanks Barb. It's nice to know that your friends don't think you are perfect and plan for your mistakes. You are the best!!!
Sally

1 comment:

Angela said...

ooooooh! this is better than Oprah's favorite things! (well, almost) It would only be better if we could all be there -- with the cookbook authors -- and you'd be giving away the pots, sewing machine, WITH the high-tech ripper, AND a year's supply of pre-cooked suppers! talk about Valentine's Day!! woo hoo!! Keep 'em coming, Sal!