Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Little More Spring


Are these carrots not just the cutest? When is the last time you saw carrots with their tops still on? You can't buy them that way at my grocery store, not even in the organic section. I'm not sure why carrots remind me of Easter. I guess it has to do with the bunny. These bright orange beauties along with the zucchini and golden delicious apple came in our GREEN BEAN produce box last Friday. The funny thing is that I had just pinned a recipe on Pintrest that needed all three of those ingredients. I baked the Carrot, Zucchini and Apple Bread on Sunday and it was delicious. I made 2 smallish loaves and 2 tiny loaves. Grace and I ate one of the small loaves and I stuck the other in the freezer for Easter morning. The tiny loves were given to neighbors with a little container of honey pecan cream cheese. Save this recipe just in case you find your self with an abundance of zucchini this summer. It's a keeper.
Sally

No comments: