Sunday, August 15, 2010

Farmer's Market Finds

We stopped by the St. Matthews Farmer's Market yesterday after our walk through the zoo. I know that I've told you about this market before, but I thought it might deserve its own post. The market is held on Saturday mornings at a church very close to our house. We usually walk to it and try to get there early before it gets too crowded and too hot. There are quite a few vendors selling all kinds of things. The set up is quaint, just they way I like my markets. Our goal is to spend no more than $20.00 and let me just tell you that that is a challenge. Every week I have to fight the urge to buy 2 of the most lovely blue pottery mugs. I really want them. I can visualize myself sipping coffee, tea, hot cocoa... The problem is they are $10.00 each. A fair price I am sure, but my whole market budget for the week. Since I'm still enjoying tomatoes and peaches I'm hoping and praying that the mugs are still there in October. Who needs pumpkins?














Our yummy finds today included: tomatoes, peaches, eggplant, apples, an Asian melon and, just because we are "living on the edge", a grape pie. We had $4.00 left to spend and the little pie was $4.00. All I'm going to say is that it wasn't too bad. Hope you have a farmer's market near you, or maybe a wonderful vegetable garden in your backyard. That is my goal for next summer. Then I can afford to spend my $20.00 on beautiful blue mugs....

Sally

No comments: