Friday, August 6, 2010

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!

Do you have cicadas where you live? They look like this and they sound like... I don't even know how to describe it, but the hotter it gets the louder they get. I noticed all of these perfectly round holes all over our yard a week or so ago and wondered what was causing them. Now I know. They are so gross. They stay buried underground for years and then the year you move into a new house they decide it's time to dig out and annoy the heck out of you. Every now and then we get lucky enough to see a live one (like when it flies into you when you are trying to get into your car), but mostly what we find are dead bodies. Lots and lots of dead cicada bodies. I'm telling you it's just gross. These things may have to rank higher than roaches in the disgusting bug list. At least for me they do.
Sorry for such a yucky post today. Not much is really going on. Both kids are in Iowa for the weekend and I have to admit I'm feeling a little jealous. Hope you have fun weekend plans.
Sally

No comments: