Saturday, August 21, 2010

Wildcat Crazy

Well, our little Wildcat has left the den. I know that sounds corny, but so does everything else that I've come up with. Alan and I are officially "empty nesters". Does that make us sound old? After we dropped Grace off at the University of Kentucky yesterday I felt old. But this morning I woke up and decided that I really am not all that old, I just got an early start - had my children young and now I have the rest of my life to do whatever I want. It may take a while to figure out what that is, but thank goodness I have lots of time left to do just that.

We ended up needing to take both of our vehicles to Lexington.
Days like this we miss our big old van. But we got
it all to fit and, besides tons of traffic and carrying her stuff up to the second floor because the
elevator line was just too long, everything went
according to plan. She is a college freshman at last. Doesn't she look happy? We were able to meet her roommate and her roommate's mom, but I forgot to take pictures of all of the important things. Hopefully Grace will get a good picture of her and Charlotte and I'll be able to post it soon. I'm sure she doesn't want me driving back up there tomorrow to take one myself....
Sally

No comments: