Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Basement Hunting Success!



True to my word, I spent several hours (yes, hours) chilling out in the basement yesterday. It was probably the best and most productive way to beat the heat. I think I opened at least 100 boxes, ok, maybe just 50 but it was a lot. I have been missing my quilts. I unpacked one when we first moved in but for some reason which is clear to me now, the packers did not pack them all together. Those sneaky devils used my precious quilts as padding. One quilt per box of who knows what stuff. The poor things were all smashed down and smelled like cardboard. Just having them stacked up where I can see them is bringing me more calm and peace of mind than you can ever imagine.


To add to that sense of calm, I also found the yoga mats! What a relief, you just don't know. I need to find my center soon. I'm sure everyone goes through a period of unbalance when they move but for me and those living with me this is not a good thing. I like order. I like consistency. I like to plan, make lists and actually cross off the completed chores. That's who I am and I know that my yoga mat will help me get back to that happy place.








We finally got all of the boxes out of the "piano room". This is a tiny room right off the front door entry and connected to the kitchen. I'm sure that it was meant to be a dining room, but we have a piano and an electric cello and two trumpets (in the basement), so we will be calling it the
conservatory.

Some day we will have a pair of matching chairs for audience members to relax in while listening to whatever instrument is being played at the time. Since I will always be an audience member the chairs must be a bit more comfortable than the chair in the picture. This particular chair was rescued from the dumpster when Alan and I moved in to married student housing at the University of Wisconsin back in 1985. My parents helped us recover it and it has served us well, but it is not comfortable.

Sally

No comments: