Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Weekend

Sorry I didn't post yesterday; it kind of got away from me. We got up early and walked to the St. Matthews Farmers Market. It's so close that we would just feel guilty driving. Just like most markets we've found that it's best to get there early. We left with a bag full of goodies. The peaches, which we were told to eat in the bathtub naked because they are so juicy, lived up to the disclaimer. We also did more unpacking, recycling, furniture shopping (not buying), and then we went here. It was great! We saw Much Ado About Nothing. The weather cooperated but the lightning show was a little distracting. We got home just in the nick of time.

On the house front, we worked on the piano room, which is supposed to be a dining room, and hung some more pictures. I still need to take pictures of the downstairs, but I think I need to clean it up a bit first. I'll work on that for tomorrow... For now here is what the upstairs guest bathroom looks like. For those of you that follow Grace on Facebook, you know that she spent 5 awful days removing the hideous (pink again) wallpaper that was super stuck. I didn't take a before picture, so you will just have to take my word that it looks a thousand times better. We used the same blue paint that we used in the guest room because we ended up with so much leftover. My Dad hung the new light fixture while he was visiting over the 4th of July, and Grace and I found the new mirror at Ikea. I'd still like to paint the vanity white, but I think I'll wait until after Grace leaves for school.


Enjoy your Sunday evening. We are hoping to do a little grilling in between the scattered showers that are in the forecast

Sally

No comments: