Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My New Kentucky Home

In trying to come up with the best way to keep in touch with family and friends, old and new, and everyone in between, I have decided to give the blogging world a go. As most of you reading this know, sometimes just checking my email is a challenge. Please bare with me on this journey and I will do the best I can to keep you up to date with what's going on with the Junkins.


First and foremost and the whole reason for this blog: we have set up housekeeping in Louisville, Kentucky.


Alan has been here for a year working for Norton Healthcare as Chief of Microbiology, living in an apartment and eating macaroni and cheese.

Now that Grace has graduated from high school we have joined him and as of June 21st we are calling this our new home.



We searched the area for quite a while but kept coming back to the City of St. Matthews.

This house on a quaint, tree lined street really called to us. It had been empty for nearly two years. I think it needed us as much as we needed it. We love it! But... it is a tad on the small side, which brings me back to the name of this Blog. Less is More is our new motto and we are seriously dedicated to making that our goal in more ways than just the size of our house.

Please check back often for updates and feel free to leave a comment. I can't promise that I'll reply but if I can figure out how to do it I'll give it my best shot.



Sally

1 comment:

Barb L said...

Hi Guys! Love the fact that you're doing this. I will be checking back frequently because I just can't get enough of the Junkins! Miss you all much! Barb