Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Right Now

It's been a pretty full day so far. Knowing that we will be sending Grace off to college in just a few short weeks makes me want to spend every waking moment with her. She is not as keen on that plan, but she did indulge me with her company for most of the day. We did what's becoming our regular early morning walk at the zoo. Checked on our gorillas, seals and giraffes. The elephants were out today for the first time. After showering we headed over to the Oxmoor Mall for a little shopping and lunch at Panera. Don't ask me why, but Grace has been craving their mac and cheese for a week. I had a salad. I don't think that mac and cheese is the taste of summer, but she enjoyed every bite. By about that time she had had enough of me so we headed home to try and catch up on a few things. Right now though I am relaxing with my new favorite summer snack. It is summer for heavens sake. People should not feel guilty relaxing a bit. I bought both of these treats at Costco last week. I admit I added some chocolate chips to the Soy Blend, just because. The iced chai totally makes my day!
I'm going back to Costco tomorrow to replenish my supply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally, it is Jackie Gordon. I like the looks of your summer drink. I would like the recipe for it. thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie, Can't get much easier. Fill a glass with ice. Fill half the glass with chai and fill the rest of the way with skim milk. If you like a stronger drink, make chai ice cubes. Enjoy
Sally