Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

Enough with the rain already. I know that some of you are praying for rain and others of you feel like I have nothing to complain about, but I need sunshine! It looks like my wish may come true on Friday. I hope whatever weather wish you have comes true too.

Here are a few pictures of our "living with less" backyard taken on a much nicer day. The yard is probably one of the biggest downsizing adjustments we have had to make. There are definitely pros and cons to being responsible for a smaller piece of the earth. Obviously there is less to mow which in this Kentucky heat is a good thing. But there is also less "cushion". It's a good thing that we like our new neighbors, because they are close... I think that poor Maggie is the one making the biggest adjustment. First she's having to deal with the chain link fence and then the fact that no matter how many laps she makes around the yard she still needs to go for a walk, because our dog needs exercise and plenty of it otherwise she gets bored and digs...

We are also learning to live without our extra wide two car garage. Instead we have the cutest, most precious out building, or shed or as I like to call it "the little white house"









I know, it's adorable isn't it? Before my dad came with his power washer it was more of a moldy green color. But, now it's restored to a bright white. I think I could almost live in it except that it doesn't have AC.
We do have a nice sized deck, plenty of room for our table and 6 chairs. We would love to have you over for hamburgers and home made ice cream.
If the darn rain would ever stop.


Sally



No comments: