Thursday, July 15, 2010

My New Kentucky Home Part 2

Ok, so maybe our new house doesn't look all that small from the front. It's two stories and has 9 windows just on the front and that's if you don't count the sidelight windows on either side of the front door.
But, as you can see from the side view it's pretty much a tall skinny rectangle. The actual finished living space is something like 1700 square feet. Compared to the house we left in Iowa, which was 2300 square feet, that means that we had to get rid of some stuff, especially furniture.

Apparently I didn't get rid of enough...

After unpacking 50 million boxes and trying to be creative about where to put the 500 million things that were in the boxes, our basement is still full. So what's the problem you might ask. At least you have a basement for storage. Well, I'll tell you what the problem is; the problem is that we would like to finish the basement (which is really more like a creepy cellar right now) at some point and in order to do that there can't be any stuff down there. The way that I'm dealing with the problem right now is just to close the door and pretend that we don't have a basement. It's working for me. It probably will keep working for me until I can't find something that has yet to be unpacked and then I'll worry about it.

Tomorrow I'll show you some before and after pictures of some of our first home improvement projects. Today is going to be super HOT and MUGGY in Louisville and probably wherever you are too. Stay cool if you can.

Sally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sally & Alan - I love the updates! Keep them coming. I was thinking about the blueberry picking this morning Sally and when I saw your blueberry entry I had to smile. I have a little left and have to get more - but I won't be picking them like we used to. Hope to get the Farmer's Market this weekend to get them. It's not the same without you! I think I'll try that blueberry bread recipe! Barb