Friday, May 6, 2011

1 Day to Go Continued...

I told you that I'd be back. After watching the races all day, we continued with tradition and had Kentucky Hot Brown for dinner. Click on I love the taste of... at the top of this page for pictures and a recipe. I also share my secret for Derby Pie, I'm sure you don't want to miss it.













After dinner we drove over to our local Kroger, because that is where they are making the rose blanket garland that tomorrows winning horse will wear.


We got to see the actual work being done and they even gave us some of the "real" rose petals. Talk about feeling like a part of the process.
The lady jockey that I talked about yesterday, came in second place today during the Oaks Race. I think I will put all of my money on her horse for tomorrow-Pants On Fire.


Bad News- Uncle Mo has been scratched. He seemed to be making a come back earlier in the week, but his trainer says that he's not 100% so he's not running.



Sally

No comments: