Sunday, May 1, 2011

Derby Detour

Sorry for the Derby detour, but the sun came out yesterday and we just had to take advantage of it.
We got up early, packed a breakfast and headed over to Bowman Field to watch the Great Balloon Race. this race is part of the Derby Festival and a sight to see. 31 balloons were supposed to take off a 7:00 AM and race to a designated spot somewhere over the river in Indiana. it wasn't until we arrived at the airport that I realized that I'd forgotten my camera. Silly me. These pictures are "borrowed" from the local newspaper.










After watching until all of the balloons were just distant specks in the sky, we headed over to the zoo for our early Saturday morning walk. The NEW bear exhibit opened last week, but the bears were not out to greet us. Hopefully we will get to see them next time and I'll be sure to have my camera with me.


Once home, we got to work on the garden.
The raised bed came with the house. We added some dirt a few weeks ago and then yesterday put in all of the veggies. There is not as much sun at that end of the yard as I'd like, but it is what it is and we are keeping our fingers crossed. I do enjoy visiting the farmers market, but tomatoes and peppers right off the vine can't be beat.



















When all of the work was finally done, we relaxed on the deck with a mojito and some grilled burgers. We are due to get more rain starting Sunday.



Hope you enjoyed your weekend too.



Sally











































No comments: