Monday, May 2, 2011

Count Down to Derby



5 Days to Go!

The big event happening today/tonight is the Great Derby Bed Race. That's right, bed race. Click here to see pictures from last year. It is getting ready to take place right now at the new Yum Center, which is a good thing because it continues to rain and rain and rain some more here in Louisville. What I understand is that groups of people, mainly businesses get together, decorate beds on wheels and then they push the beds around a designated course. I know there are prizes for different categories and I'm hoping there is some kind of found raising involved. Other than that I think this might be one of the silliest Derby events I've heard of so far. Oh, I forgot to tell you that starting at 11:30 today people were allowed to tailgate for the bed races. Seriously.


Totally changing the subject... I feel I should just mention the Osama Bin Laden situation.

When did you hear the news? We went to bed early last night, so we didn't find out until this morning. Grace sent me a text message at 11:30 Pm telling me to turn on the news. Too bad that my phone was downstairs. I would have liked to have watched the coverage as the story was unfolding, but then I probably would have been awake all night. It's still hard to believe that he's actually dead and that no more Americans were killed getting the job done. I know there are a lot of people feeling that justice has been done. I hope that this is a closer step to peace and that we can all feel a little bit more safe.

No comments: