Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Apple Butter 2011



Yesterday I decided to use some of my 2 pecks of apples to make this years batch of Apple Butter. 2 pecks is a lot of apples. I used about half of each bag, so I guess I'll be making some more apple stuff as the week goes on. I'm thinking an apple crisp would be nice.



I used my apple, peeler, corer, slicer to do the dirty work.
















Filled my big red pot all the way to the top
and after about an hour or so..... Apple Butter



If I loaned you my giant canning pot, would you please leave me a comment to let me know. I searched for too long for the dumb thing today and came up with nothing. Of course I'd already started the apple butter, so I had to improvise.

This is actually my pasta pot, but in a pinch it works pretty well as a canning pot









I ended up with 10 8oz jars and 6 4 oz jars with a not quite full jar for us to enjoy now.






I really enjoy making apple butter. I especially enjoy cleaning up the "almost" empty pot.


Sally




























No comments: