Thursday, October 13, 2011

Guest Bathroom Paint Job

Here is a picture of our tiny little downstairs bathroom last year, right after we moved in. It was OK, but in need of a fresh coat of paint. You can't tell from the picture, you will just have to trust me. It was kind of gross.



So a week or so ago I bought some paint. What a difficult decision. I had a couple of samples taped to the wall. One lighter than the original and one darker. I liked the blue color so I knew I wanted to stick with that, but man are there a lot of blues to choose from. I chose the darker blue, hoping that it wouldn't make the room feel like a cave. It's called Smokey Blue from the Home Depot.




Alan took down all of the stuff hanging on the walls and last Sunday I spent a couple hours painting.




















Here is the finished room. What do you think? I know it's hard to tell, but in real life there is a BIG difference. I'm just glad that it's fresh and clean. Just the way a bathroom is supposed to be.




Sally

No comments: