Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Rest Of Our Weekend

I almost hate to write this because I don't want to bring on a bought of bad luck, but we have had 4 absolutely beautiful weekends in a row here in Louisville. This past weekend was probably as close to perfect as you can get. We walked at the zoo Saturday morning with friends Kathy and Gordon and then we drove over to Indiana
for lunch at Huber's Farm. I bought 2 Pecks of apples which is actually half a bushel, but I have no idea how many pounds. It's a lot of apples though, that's for sure.







Sunday morning Alan and I hiked in the Bernheim Forest
We had been told that this was a beautiful and well maintained forest and we were not disappointed. I'm sure the weather helped a lot, but we will definitely go back there again. We did the Iron Ore Hill Loop Trail and the Jackson-Yoe Loop. I liked the first trail better, not quite as much ups and downs, and attached to the trail was this beautiful bridge overlook called the Canopy Tree Walk. The view from up there was something.



Since it had warmed up a bit by the time we got to the second trail there were some bugs to deal with. I don't do bugs buzzing in my ears well and that with some pretty steep uphill climbs had me in a pretty foul mood. Poor Alan tried to be positive, but I wasn't having any of it. 1.5 miles later things improved greatly. We found the perfect spot for our picnic lunch






















Keeping our fingers crossed that the weather holds and next weekend is just as pretty.


Sally


























No comments: