Saturday, October 1, 2011

Friday at the Art Fair




I was invited to attend the St. James Court
Art Fair with a wild bunch of woman.

These ladies have this fair thing down to an art.

They meet up around 9:00 AM for tailgating, which includes breakfast casseroles,pastries, bloody Mary's, and Mimosas.

Around 10:00 they head on over to the fair.

I have been to a lot of art fairs in my day, but honestly none of them compare to this one. This is one of the oldest and largest art fairs in the country. It takes up several blocks of Old Louisville. It's so big and so well attended that the public school is actually closed on Friday because of it. HUGE

The ladies that I was with have been doing this for so long they even know many of the vendors by name. They definitely have favorites that they must visit.

They always have Crab Cake sandwiches for lunch along with a glass or two of wine.









I had to leave the party after lunch, but they were still going strong at 7:00 PM. I don't know how they do it. Next year I'm going to have to rest up and make sure that I have a good nights sleep so that I can be better prepared.





I bought some beautiful pottery made by an artist from Kansas


and I also picked up a new salt and pepper shaker. I think I really liked the packaging.





What a great experience. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Sally







No comments: