Monday, November 7, 2011

Breeder's Cup Weekend~Part 1

The Breeder's Cup was held here in Louisville for the second year in a row. You may remember me mentioning it last November. It is a HUGE deal. Not as HUGE as The Kentucky Derby, but HUGE in an international way. Tons of money is involved which makes the stakes much higher.

Last year my uncle was invited to perform at a "night before the Breeder's Cup party" and my Dad also came into town for the festivities. Uncle Elliot received the same invitation this year, but due to some serious back pain, my poor Dad couldn't make it again. Since there would be an extra ticket, my very generous uncle said "invite a friend". So I did.

















My friend Jacqueline was able to rearrange her weekend schedule on very short notice, pack and drive 8 hours Friday to make it here just in time for the party.


Uncle Elliot was accompanied this year by two other very talented musicians. John Gage is a local guitar playing singer and Jerry G is a harmonica playing singer from the Bay area in California. The three of them sounded amazing together.

Even though it was a late night, it was so much fun and the perfect way to kick off the weekend.


Tune in tomorrow to find out how we did at the races...


Sally









No comments: