Monday, November 21, 2011

It's Turkey Time



Thanksgiving week has officially begun! I hope that you all have fun plans to visit with loved ones and eat all of your favorite foods. Since that is exactly what I'm going to be doing, my blogging posts will be very "light" if at all this week. There is just so much to do and so little time to do it in.


Do you remember my telling you that last year we ordered our entire Thanksgiving feast from The Fresh Market ? I know that some of you probably think that that is cheating, but for us and our circumstances it was a blessing. I am very thankful for the amazing cooks at the Fresh Market, so we are planning to have them prepare our meal again this year.


Our table will be a little smaller this year without Grace to join us. This will be our first Thanksgiving ever without her. She will be enjoying a meal prepared by the International Study Abroad program. It all sounds a little sketchy to me. They are to meet at a Burger King in Granada. It should be an interesting story.


The picture above shows "exactly" what our meal will look like. I think my most favorite thing on the menu is the orange cranberry relish. We still have not figured out dessert. If I'm feeling ambitious I may make an apple pie, or I might just buy one and say that I made it. I'll let you know.


Enjoy your week. Try not to over do it. If you are planning to be one of those crazy midnight shoppers on Friday stay safe. I'll be enjoying a good nights sleep.


Sally


No comments: