Friday, January 6, 2012

Going For A Spin


It's going to be 65 degrees here in Louisville today. Hard to imagine that we are not going to be breaking any records. I should be going for a "spin" on my bike, but that is not in my plan for the day. If time permits, I "might" take the dog for a walk, but otherwise I am going to be spinning this beautiful basket full of fluff. It came in the mail yesterday while I was at work. I love to come home to those kind of surprises. All of the colors came in a pack called Summer Bouquet from Knit Picks. I wish you could feel how soft this roving is. It's really soft.

Last night while we were watching When Harry Met Sally because Grace had never seen it, I did a little pre-drafting of the wool so that it would be all ready to spin. I'm trying to spin it so that when I get around to knitting the yarn I'll have stripes. So far so good. Either I'm getting better with the drop spindle, or this wool is super easy to spin. The problem that I'm faced with now is that my house is a mess and all I want to do is SPIN!

I think I need help...


Do you all have any exciting weekend plans? Hope you are having the same beautiful weather that we have been blessed with. It's a little scary. I don't even want to think about what we are in store for in February.


Sally

No comments: