Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some Very Unusual Weather


I'm going to start this post off by saying that I'm really not complaining at all., it's just that the weather here in Louisville has been very odd this month.


I took these pictures Tuesday afternoon. the sun was shining and it was something like 50 degrees.


I don't know if you heard, but last week there were 7 tornado's in our area. Tornado's in January.

All of our trees and plants are just as confused. The Daffodils are starting to poke up all over the yard, and the pansies that I planted back in the early fall are showing signs of rejuvenation too.


What does all of this mean. Is it global warming, or is winter just not here yet?


It makes me a little nervous to think about what February will bring.



I wouldn't mind if we just skipped winter this year and went straight into spring.


What I really don't want to happen is to have all of my lovelies popping out and then get hit with some Major snow/ice storm that freezes them all to death. That would make me very sad.




I even found this mint starting to regrow in the garden. Now I know that it's darn near impossible to "kill" mint, but I promise you that 2 weeks ago there was no green to be seen.


I will be needing this mint come Derby time, so maybe I had better think about covering it up to keep it safe.


the 10 day forecast is predicting more 50 degree temperatures, so who knows what's going....


Sally






No comments: