Sunday, January 22, 2012

Learning to Spin (Part 1)







We Did It!!!

Grace and I got up early Saturday morning and drove to Frankfort KY, it's about an hour away. We were both very excited and nervous about taking our first spinning class.


I think that we wanted to like it so much that we were a little worried that just maybe once we tried it it wouldn't be all that we wanted it to be. Does that make any sense?


It doesn't matter, because we loved it!

I have to admit that there is a steep learning curve for sure. You have to be able to do several things all at once.



The class lasted from 10:00-3:00 and boy did that time fly. I could have used one more hour just to make sure that I really had the hang of it, but then that didn't matter either, because one of us actually purchased a spinning wheel (and it wasn't me) so now we can practice all we want.

These spindles are holding several previous classes attempts, but if you look closely, the blue yarn is what Grace spun and the green is mine.






Our teacher's name was Nancy and she was really great. She brings her boxer Helga with her to class and I think that's a great idea. Helga was so sweet and just sort of helped calm everyone down. You have to be calm in order to spin happy yarn.


Sally






No comments: