Friday, January 20, 2012

Tea of the Week



I have not done a "Tea of the Week" post in quite a while, so I decided that I should catch you up on what we have been seeping here lately. Some of you may know that Grace is a pretty serious tea drinker. She likes her coffee too, but tea especially during the winter is more her thing.


We have a new Tea Shop at our local mall called Teavana. The company is new to us, so we made it a priority to check it out.


It probably would have been better for all involved if we had just kept on walking. The place is too cool for words. They really do carry everything "tea" and they give you samples. You have to love a place with samples.

Our current favorite is Youthberry and Wild Orange Blossom. They sweeten their teas with German Rock Sugar, so I'm pretty much loving that stuff too.


The loose tea is sold by weight and we have learned the hard way that a little goes a long way.


I showed you my fancy new tea making cup last week. All I do is add a couple of teaspoons of tea, and a half teaspoon rock sugar to the cup, fill it with almost boiling water, let it seep a few minutes and gently press the screen plunger down. This thing works so well and keeps my tea toasty warm for a pretty long time. It's even dishwasher safe. I got ours at the Fresh Market, but you can get one here.


Grace and I are taking our first "How to spin on a spinning wheel" class tomorrow. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures.


Have a great weekend!

Sally






No comments: