Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's A SNOW Day!



Just the mention of a little bit of snow, or a winter weather advisory around here and pretty much everything shuts down.












I was pretty sure yesterday when I heard the news that I would not be going it to work today.


What to do? What to do?


I'll tell you what I've been doing. First I took Grace to the yarn store so that she could restock her supply. We stopped by the Fresh Market, because 6 pieces of Sushi is only 6 points and that sounded like a good lunch to us. The rest of the afternoon has been spent cutting out fabric, watching Rom Com's and drinking Tea. Not a bad way to spend a snowy stay home day.

I'm cutting out all of this fabric in the hopes that I will be able to attend a weekend "Sew In" in Iowa at the end of the month. Of course if the weather is like it is today I'll be upstairs having my own little bitty one person sew in.


I've made the move back to tea. I admit it was a reluctant move, but I'm pretty sure that all of those Starbucks Pumpkin, Gingerbread and Vanilla Lattes that I've consumed since September have added to my need to hop on the Weight Watchers train. Tea pretty much has 0 calories, so that means it has 0 points.

This is my new tea drinking mug/cup thing. I gave one to Grace for Christmas and she loves hers. It's a travel mug with a plunger/screen thing in it. You add your loose tea, pour in the water, let it seep and then push the plunger thing down and all the tea leaves get mashed on the bottom. It really works and it makes a great cuppa plus it's a travel mug, so you can take it on the go. Since it's snowing today, I'm not actually going any where with my tea, but you get the idea. I hope that whatever your weather is doing today, you are making the best of it.

Sally

No comments: