Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rainy Days and Monday's and Tuesdays....






We had a wonderfully relaxing weekend. The weather was cold and snowy, so we basically stayed inside in our comfy clothes watching movies and football. We did get caught up on some of those household chores that I'd prefer to never have to do.


If you have known me for a while, then you probably know that I have issues with small appliances. In this category I include: hair dryers, coffee makers, vacuum cleaners and last but not least irons.
I don't know what the problem is exactly, but for whatever reason I go through small appliances like other people go through bags of chips. Really.


The iron that you see above is the third iron that I have "killed" since we moved into this house. You heard me right, third.


The first one was a pretty expensive Black and Decker, the second one was the one that Alan had when he was living on his own, and the one above was a cheapo that one of the kids used in the dorm.


Right before Christmas I was ironing away when all of a sudden major smoke started pouring out of it there were even sparks. I unplugged that baby and there she sits.

I wish that I could have just left well enough alone and said "that's it. No more ironing... EVER".


But then I wouldn't be able to tell you all about my NEW, beautiful, blue Rowenta.

Right after Christmas I used my 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond and splurged on a "real" iron. I don't think that I've ever really felt this way about an iron before, but this one just makes me happy. It's everything an iron should be. It's on the heavy side, holds tons of water and makes more steam than I ever thought possible.



Here are some pictures of the amazing steam action.
Before the steam it does a really good job of getting out "set it wrinkles".


But after the steam.... There are just no words to describe.

This is not one of my usual "fuzzy" pictures. What you are seeing here is some serious steam, just about enough to give yourself a mini facial with each impressive burst.


You may all think that I'm nuts, but keep in mind that this is iron #4 in a little over a years time. I know my irons, and this one is hopefully, fingers crossed going to be with me for a long, long time. I'm hoping for at least a year or two. Happy ironing!

Sally










No comments: