Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekend Trip To Iowa

Because of the "unusual" weather that I mentioned in my last post, Grace and I were able to drive to Iowa for a quick catch-up with good friends.

Who would have thought that I would even consider driving to Iowa in January? I am not a crazy, risk taking woman. I hate even the thought of driving in snow or ice, but with temperatures above freezing, the risks seemed pretty manageable.

We left last Thursday and our first stop was Jacqueline's for an amazing dinner of the best African food ever. We got to visit with her for a while and then another good friend, Michelle stopped by to say hello.

Grace spent the weekend visiting with her bestest friend Audrey and I spent the weekend with some of my favorite quilting friends sewing up a storm at the Common Threads Sew In.

This is one of my favorite sewing events and last year due to the move and new job I was not able to attend.
I'm so glad that it all worked out this year so that I could be there.

We had a blast! Lots of sewing, laughing, girl talk and yummy food. I spent the entire weekend putting my Block of the Month quilt together. I still have one more border to add on and then I'll show you how it turned out.
You know when you are about half-way to your destination and you realize what you forgot to pack? Well, silly me forgot my camera. Thanks for the pictures Jorge, I'd be lost without you.


It felt so good to spend time with old friends. Barb, Kandy, Kathy, Betty, Mary, Jackie, Peg and the list goes on... This is easily a weekend that I could repeat over and over again. Except for that darn 8 hour drive.

Sally

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was good to see you,too!! It was a great weekend. Hope we get to see you next year!