Friday, March 16, 2012

Almost St. Patrick's Day Greetings



I know, more tree pictures, but this one happens to be in my front yard. I think it's a pear tree. During the winter it is just about the ugliest tree you have ever seen. It got hit hard by an ice storm a few years ago and it is missing branches and limbs in places that just make it look sad when it does not have leaves or these beautiful white blossoms covering it.








I ran outside this morning to take these pictures, because it is supposed to rain today and I'm afraid that all of the pretty little flowers will be carpeting the ground by this afternoon. I hope that's not the case, you never know about these things.

Anyway, I also ran a few errands this morning, including a stop at Trader Joe's. I got to taste some of their Corned Beef with spicy brown mustard. I sure do wish that Alan liked corned beef because that's what we would be eating tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day. Oh well, the taste I had was very yummy. It will just have to tide me over.

I've been busy spinning. I just can't stop. here are some of my latest efforts. I love how this yarn turned out. It almost looks like yarn you could buy in a shop. Especially when it's twisted up with it's little label wrapped around it. I can't wait to knit something cute out of it.








As soon as the blue was finished I started on the next bit of fluff. I'm half way through spinning this fiber, also from Greenwood Fiber Works and it's called "Cyndi's Suitcase". I wish you could feel how soft it is.









Tomorrow I am going to the 2012 Quilter's Day Out Quilt Show here in Louisville. A friend is picking me up bright and early so that we don't miss anything. My understanding is that many of the local quilt guilds will be represented and have information booths so that we can check them out. I have not joined any guilds since moving to Kentucky. Maybe it's time.

Hope you have a great weekend and a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sally







No comments: