Saturday, March 24, 2012

Coming To Life

Boy did it rain yesterday. I mean to tell you we had us some serious rain here in Louisville. We even had another tornado hit close by. It did some damage in the southern part of Jefferson county. We live in Jefferson county. That's just a little bit too close for comfort if you ask me. Just the rain from yesterday filled this glass candle holder hanging on our deck. I'm just saying, that's like a lot of inches. At one point the rain stopped for about 2 minutes. The sun came out and the sky turned blue. I ran around the yard like a crazy woman with my camera taking some pictures just for you.





















All of the stuff that was totally dead is coming back to life. It always seems to happen over night. The grass is green (and needs to be cut), and the colors are just popping out every place you look.



I really thought these pansies were finished. Now just look at them. Not exactly what I want in the planters for spring, but how do you just get rid of such loveliness?








I'm not sure if you can see the Clematis starting to twist it's way around the fence. Jorge, it made it through the winter. Maybe this year it will bloom!


That's all I have for you. The rain started again and it's supposed to continue through the weekend. April showers, right? Oh wait, it's still March.

Sally

No comments: